Are you a talented writer with an interest in nonprofit communications? We want you as a Communications Intern!
Voto Latino is looking for a driven, hard-working individual with excellent writing and grammar skills to work as a part of its Communications Team. Voto Latino offers its interns the opportunity to play an integral part in multiple branches of our organization. Assignments vary based on need and present a chance to work in multiple capacities, offering work experience and education in a number of fields, including communications, media relations, campaign strategy, event execution, and online fundraising. Interns should want an involved experience and to gain familiarity with the operation of non-profit organizations. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. College credit is available.
- Promoting Voto Latino’s message by writing drafts for external/internal communications, including press releases, email marketing, and social media/website copy
- Researching relevant data for talking points, speeches, op-eds, and other communications
- Researching and maintaining media contact lists
- Monitoring and analyzing daily media coverage
- Supporting special projects, events, and other Voto Latino teams, as needed
- Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills; good grammar is a must.
- Avid user of the internet, social media, and Google Docs
- Self-motivated, fast, independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be available 30-40 hours per week
- Experience in online fundraising is a plus
- Must be available to travel if needed
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.