Are you a talented writer with an interest in nonprofit communications? We want you as a Communications Intern!
Voto Latino is looking for a driven, hard-working individual with excellent writing and grammar skills to work as a part of its Communications Team. Voto Latino offers its interns the opportunity to play an integral part in multiple branches of our organization. Assignments vary based on need and present a chance to work in multiple capacities, offering work experience and education in a number of fields, including communications, media relations, campaign strategy, event execution, and online fundraising. Interns should want an involved experience and to gain familiarity with the operation of non-profit organizations. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. College credit is available.
- Promoting Voto Latino’s message by writing drafts for external/internal communications, including press releases, email marketing, and social media/website copy
- Researching relevant data for talking points, speeches, op-eds, and other communications
- Researching and maintaining media contact lists
- Monitoring and analyzing daily media coverage
- Supporting special projects, events, and other Voto Latino teams, as needed
- Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills; good grammar is a must.
- Avid user of the internet, social media, and Google Docs
- Self-motivated, fast, independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be available 30-40 hours per week
- Experience in online fundraising is a plus
- Must be available to travel if needed
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers young Latinos to create a better future for themselves and their community. We do this by providing you the technology, civic tools, and access to opportunities to become an agent of positive change in this country. And we do it for one simple reason: We are united by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues that people like you can solve.