2 – Design Intern
Are you passionate about design? Obsessed with typography? Have a strong creative eye? If so, come join the creative team at Voto Latino!
The Voto Latino creative team is seeking a graphic design intern for Summer 2018. This person will assist with the design and production of our social media and print creative as well as internal project management.
- Design and execute graphic creations for our social media platforms as needed, there will also be opportunities to design print materials
- Help with digital file organization and auditing existing print assets
- Work directly with the Visual Designer who will assign your projects and provide feedback
- Proficient knowledge of typography, layout, color theory and the latest design tools including Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience creating motion graphics and illustrations are a plus
- Relevant coursework and/or internship experience in graphic design or related fields
- Great attention to detail, ability to multitask, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ideal candidate should already have a laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Design samples either online or PDF are needed to apply
- Hands-on experience working on graphics for both social and print
- Learning about the VL Brand
- Possibility of having work published in our social channels, giving your work exposure to hundreds of thousands of followers
- Relevant work, professional development and educational opportunities
- Appropriate work space, in our DC office
- Networking opportunities with employees and other interns
- Regular constructive feedback regarding your work and progress
- Participation in brainstorming sessions
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.