The Voto Latino creative team is seeking a graphic design intern for Spring 2017. This person will assist with the design and production of our social media creative and internal project management.
- Designing and executing graphic creations for social media collateral as needed
- Help with digital file organization and auditing existing print assets
- Working closely with the other designer and report to the Visual Design Manager
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 2 design samples to apply
- Basic experience in creating digital images.
- Ideal candidate should already have a laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Applicants should know the difference between a PNG vs JPEG and CMYK vs RGB
- Relevant coursework and/or internship experience in graphic design or related fields
- Great attention to detail, ability to multitask, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Visual communication skills
- Illustration and composition skills
- Will be a fast learner and a team player
- Hands-on experience working across our social media portfolio
- Possibility of having work published in our social channels, giving your work exposure to hundreds of thousands of followers
- Relevant work, professional development and educational opportunities
- Appropriate work space, in our DC office
- Networking opportunities with employees and other interns
- Regular constructive feedback regarding your work and progress
- To participate in brainstorming sessions
This is an unpaid internship but we will work with you and your school to support academic credit, if applicable. This internship is located in Washington, DC and is available on a part-time or full-time schedule.
Voto Latino is a proud equal opportunity employer.
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.