Are you interested in developing the Voto Latino brand? Have a knack for events planning? We want you as a Development Intern!
Voto Latino is seeking an individual to work as a part of the Development Team, specifically with event planning aspects of our organization. Voto Latino offers its interns the opportunity to play an integral part in multiple branches of our organization. Assignments vary based upon need and present a chance to work in multiple capacities, offering work experience and education in a number of fields. Interns should want an involved experience and to gain familiarity with the operation of non-profit organizations.
- Promote Voto Latino’s message
- Support logistical operations of the Power Summits, Rep Ur Letters, town halls, receptions and fundraisers
- Research event materials and locations
- Assist with planning and recruitment for Voto Latino events
- Support the development team with daily tasks such as writing reports, researching partners, etc.
- Archiving, blogging, administrative tasks as necessary
- Researching and editing skills
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Avid user of the social media platforms, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and passionate about community organizing and social justice
- Self motivated, fast and independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers young Latinos to create a better future for themselves and their community. We do this by providing you the technology, civic tools, and access to opportunities to become an agent of positive change in this country. And we do it for one simple reason: We are united by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues that people like you can solve.