Want to learn the ins and outs of non-profit operations? If so, we’re interested in you for the role of Operations Intern.
Voto Latino is seeking an Operations Intern to join the Voto Latino team in Austin, TX. This Operations Intern will work closely with the COO as well as the Finance & HR Director. Voto Latino offers its interns the opportunity to play an integral part in multiple branches of our organization. Assignments vary based upon need and present a chance to work in multiple capacities within the Operations and Finance & Accounting field offering work experience and education. Interns should want an involved experience and to gain familiarity with the operation of non-profit organizations.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist in administrative office procedures such as answering phones, checking mail and filing documents.
- Help oversee financial management of the organization such as monitoring invoices to funders and vendors and general billing expenses.
- Provide support in processing scheduling requests, preparing memos and staffing the President/CEO and team.
- Assist in research for speaking engagement preparation.
- Assist in event planning and execution.
- Assist in vendor/services selection and approval process
- Support the payment processing functions
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Background or interest in business administration
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Self-motivated, fast and independent learner
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Strong management, professional and excellent troubleshooting skills
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.