1.4 – Product Manager
Voto Latino is seeking a committed individual to support in Product Management.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to help us research and identify customer needs, actionable trends, behaviors and areas of growth in the voter registration, GOTV (get out the vote) and consumer mobile spaces. The right candidate will create and utilize both quantitative and qualitative methodologies to conduct user research, run analysis, create actionable user stories and product specifications and work with engineers and business owners to design, plan, execute and launch products.
About You!: You are a collaborative and cross-functional athlete. You care about shipping great products and you are deeply analytical, as well as results-oriented. You’re obsessed with testing and trying things to see what impact they can have on growth and engagement. And, you care deeply about empowering young Latinos to be agents of change using the tools they use and on the platforms where they spend their time. Bonus if you have some technical chops, e.g. you can write scripts to aggregate and analyze large data sets as part of your approach to product management.
- Help drive growth and engagement through experimentation and prototyping
- Work with engineering, product and business development to execute on initiatives
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to- market and optimal resources
- Evaluate platform and social APIs so as to develop growth hacks
- Research and identify deep and actionable insights about what consumers are doing on discovery, social and graph- based platforms and products. Research can vary in approach, scale, scope and methodologies
- Identify potential strategic partners and educate them on how to use and distribute our product
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- BA or BS with strong academic performance and some coursework in computer science,
statistics and/or applied math, political science is ideal
- Expert in quantitative methods, analysis, visualization and related data tools like SQL, R and Excel with some experience using qualitative methods for formative and evaluative research
- 5+ years working experience in mobile and/or product management, business
- Demonstrated deep understanding of social media, online communities
- Ability to work functionally and effectively across an organization both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize product development resources based on ROI and business and
- Results oriented and deeply analytical with strong communication skills
Compensation is commensurate with candidate’s relevant experience.
Voto Latino offers competitive benefits including subsidized health, dental and vision plans; generous paid time off leave; 11 paid holidays; employer paid disability/life/AD&D insurance and more!
Washington, DC | Austin, TX | Silicon Valley
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.