1.3 – VP of Digital Strategy and Engagement
Voto Latino is seeking a committed individual to support Voto Latino’s Digital Strategy and Engagement.
Voto Latino is hiring a Vice President of Digital Strategy and Engagement in our Washington, D.C. office. Vice President of Digital Strategy will be responsible for a developing an integrated, data-driven digital strategy dedicated to increasing the engagement and empowerment of young Latinos in our civic and political process. We’re looking for an individual that has their ear to the ground when it comes to what young Latinos are talking about and the content that resonates with them.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy and Engagement will lead the strategic integration of all Voto Latino’s social media platforms, website, and relevant web properties. We want a strategist that understands how to utilize a variety of social media platforms that young people use, and someone that understands how to measure our impact and optimize our outputs based on them. This person will have an aptitude for digital marketing and digital organizing – able to both understand and appreciate their difference, and their unique value in achieving the goal of driving people to action. We want someone who can demonstrate impact beyond impressions – a data driver who can clearly show how we are moving people from point A to point B.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy and Engagement will report to our Chief Executive and Operating Officers. This person will also manage a small team of visual designers and media specialists responsible for supporting the overall digital strategy of the organization. Additionally, this person will ensure that the strategy team communicates and collaborates regularly with the other teams at Voto Latino to ensure that all efforts are aligned with the broader goals of the organization.
Deadline: Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- 7+ years of experience in digital, political campaigns, and/or community organizing, at least 4 years at the senior management level.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven working experience in social media and digital/ web development
- Successful track record managing people
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text) and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the digital ecosystem, including existing and emerging social media platforms, website redesigns, SMS, CRM tools, SEO and email marketing (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Salsa, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Expertise in digital media influencer engagement across platforms
- Proven ability to manage large projects—often two or more simultaneously—under tight timelines
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving skills
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead and develop a great team of passionate digital marketers
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good multitasking, communication and organizational skills
- Online Ads experience is a PLUS!
- Lead the strategic development and integration of all social media platforms, website, and relevant web properties.
- Provide input on digital content development, dissemination, and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Ensure continuous testing, optimizing, and analyzing growth and conversion rates and fundraising.
- Work with internal departments including Field, Leadership Development and Communications teams to implement a strategic digital plan that incorporates all Voto Latino’s initiatives.
- Manage and collaborate with a team of digital specialists across production, creative, analytics, community management, planning and paid disciplines.
- Support staff by motivating, mentoring, prioritizing appropriate skill development.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage external communications and timely information.
- Advise and provide guidance and instruction on digital advertising as needed.
- Leadership: Able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed against aggressive goals.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Subject Matter Expert: Be a go to person for digital experiences, a resource to all in the company.
- Data-Driven: Love metrics and numbers, dig deep to obtain and analyze web data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
- Passion: Care about issues that are important to young Americans and the country, and are dedicated to making a difference.
Voto Latino offers competitive benefits including subsidized health, dental and vision plans; generous paid time off leave; 11 paid holidays; employer paid disability/life/AD&D insurance and more!
Compensation is commensurate with candidate’s relevant experience.
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.