We seek a Campaign Coordinator to support our Campaigns team and programs.
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a Campaign Coordinator to support its Campaigns team and programs. Candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of executing well-planned, impactful events and/or mobilizations. Position will assist with execution of VL’s grants and programs, including its 2020 efforts to register and mobilize 1 million voters. The Campaign Coordinator will directly support the Campaigns team with logistics coordination, event and project planning, volunteer management and intern supervision. The Campaign Coordinator will aid with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Organize events including Power Summit, town halls, trainings, rapid response mobilizations and voter registration and GOTV efforts
- Manage all steps of the event process including budgets, venues, speakers, facilities, technology, logistics, vendors, etc.
- Assist manager and Campaigns team in day-to-day operations of VL programs including 2020 voter registration and issue mobilization
- Support implementation of strategies and execution of programs, including monitoring task timelines and deadlines
- Collaborate with multiple team members on VL campaigns and grants
- Research and draft materials as needed
- Admin point for interns, fellows, chapter leaders, volunteers and Campaigns team stakeholders
- Recruit, train and mobilize a national network of volunteers to employ in digital and grassroots organizing actions
- Lead VL chapter engagements including base building and recruitment, chapter communication and general chapter activities
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience in events and/or mobilization ideally for a political campaign or non-profit
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
- Be a strong self-starter and highly organized
- Fast, independent learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latinx civil rights and/or social justice issues
- Must be based or willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in managing a team
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.