Distributed Organizing Manager
Help Voto Latino build and leverage its grassroots power in 2020 and beyond!
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking an energetic, organized and passionate individual for the role of Distributed Organizing Manager. The candidate will use their knowledge of distributed organizing to develop a grassroots, people-powered strategy that furthers VL’s electoral and advocacy work. The position will build a volunteer base and organize volunteer opportunities to engage them. The role is responsible for the execution of successful distributed organizing events, creation of a distributed organizing engagement plan and management/retention of volunteers.
- Develop a grassroots and people-powered strategy to further VL’s electoral and advocacy goals using distributed organizing tools
- Define online supporter paths and roles using EveryAction
- Create a digital outreach calendar that includes email, SMS, and social outreach
- Establish volunteer recruitment and onboarding processes
- Train volunteers in digital best practices for using distributed organizing tools like Slack, Hustle, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple team members on VL campaigns and grants to support events with volunteer power
- Plan, coordinate and report on volunteer events such as Hustle text banks, voter registration drives, etc
- Develop volunteer toolkits, guides and training curricula
- Proficiency with EveryAction, Slack, Hustle, webinar tools and advocacy platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience
- 2-3 years experience in distributed organizing and volunteer management
- A cycle or more experience in distributed organizing for a political or advocacy campaign
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
- Be a strong self-starter and highly organized
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using EveryAction, Hustle, and Slack
Travel may be required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latinx civil rights and/or social justice issues
Salary is $45K-$50K. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Distributed Organizing Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Washington, DC or remote
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.