Video Production Associate
Join a creative, innovative and nimble digital media team, in service of getting 1 million Latinxs registered to vote!
The Video Production Associate will help Voto Latino produce frequent, engaging, high-quality videos that speak to the Latinx experience in America and position Voto Latino as the voice of Gen-Z Latinx voters.
$45K-50K salary. Benefits include partial payment of health insurance premiums and 20 days of PTO pro-rated annually.
- Under the supervision of the Social Media Director, write, produce, and edit short form videos for Voto Latino social media platforms, often with short turnaround times
- Assist fellow producers on shoots (setting up shots, running sound, etc.)
- Create content that caters to the latest social media trends and news stories
- Pitch ideas for new videos and concepts
- Understand the Latinx experience in the US
- Have a deep understanding of and experience with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube)
- At least one year of experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Demonstrated skill and speed editing video
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, and know when to ask for help
- At least one year of experience working with DSLR cameras and audio equipment
- Comfort appearing on camera
- Willing to learn along the way and experiment with new techniques and approaches
- Creative, able to think differently about video and storytelling, and willing to have fun
- Located in Washington, DC or willing to relocate to DC
- Spanish language competency preferred
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Video Production Associate” in the subject line.
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.