The Communications Director will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities. This role will work closely with external parties and senior leadership to manage the organization’s communications strategies. The Communications Director position will report to the Chief Campaigns Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With external support, develop and execute a strategic communications plan to uplift the organization’s mission and objectives
- Create, write, edit, and produce press releases, publications, videos, newsletters, and other collateral for the organization
- Deploy communications strategies to create momentum and awareness of the organization’s activities and goals, particularly around specific campaigns
- Coordinate website maintenance – ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly
- Directly manage communications and PR consultants and vendors
- Help craft one unique voice for the organization across mediums
- Prepare speaker remarks, talking points, Op-Eds, and other materials for President & CEO
- Align communications between the organization’s social media platforms and the organization’s PR objectives
- Work with coalition partners to plan and execute press conferences
- Manage and foster all media contacts and relations
- 6+ years of experience developing and implementing communication strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative style; extensive experience working in fast paced environments
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
- Strong existing relationships with political press and media community
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred
Salary & Benefits
Between $85,000 and $95,000 annual salary. Voto Latino offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and paid vacation leave. This is a full-time employment position.
To apply email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Please use “Communications Director” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to uplifting new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.