Digital Organizing Manager
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking an energetic, organized and passionate individual for the role of Digital Organizing Manager. The candidate will use their knowledge of organizing to develop a grassroots, people-powered strategy that furthers VL’s campaigns, electoral and advocacy work. The position will build a volunteer base and organize volunteer opportunities to engage them. The role is responsible for the execution of successful campaigns, online and in-person events, the creation of an organizing engagement plan and the management/retention of volunteers.
Washington, DC or remote
- Plan and execute a grassroots and people-powered strategy to further VL’s campaign, electoral and advocacy goals using organizing tools
- Develop measures of success for the grassroots organizing plan and staff and provide regular progress and outcome reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the Admin point for organizing fellows, volunteers and super volunteers
- Create a digital volunteer and campaign outreach calendar that includes email, SMS, and social outreach
- Collaborate with Digital Team on voter targeting, audience segmentation and data management
- Serve as Campaigns Team point person for the backend of digital tools such as Slack, Hustle, and EveryAction in order to provide volunteer communities with actions to take
- Foster, monitor, and manage online communities to amplify messaging and increase volunteer engagement
- Establish volunteer ladder of engagement, including recruitment and onboarding processes
- Train volunteers in digital best practices for using organizing tools like Slack, Hustle, etc.
- Draft toolkits, texting campaigns and scripts, training programs, explainer graphics, and other materials as needed
- Familiarity with the use of online ads to build lists of potential members and engage a broader cross section of supporters in our campaigns
- Assist with national coalition engagement and partner support
- Plan, coordinate and report on volunteer events such as Hustle text banks, voter registration campaigns, etc
- Work with Communications Team to identify and develop public leaders, and successfully integrate story-based strategy into VL programs
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports and support their performance and ongoing professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-4 years of organizing experience in electoral, legislative or advocacy campaigns
- 2 cycles of organizing experience and at least 1 cycle of staff management experience is preferred
- Proficiency with digital organizing tools such as: EveryAction or similar CRM, Slack, Hustle, webinar tools and other advocacy platforms
- The ability to recruit new volunteers, identify and sustain volunteer leaders
- A track record of planning and executing volunteer events and actions in a fast-paced environment
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
- Previous experience supervising staff and fellows, especially from remote locations
- High emotional intelligence, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel may be required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latinx civil rights and/or social justice issues
Salary & Benefits
Between $50- $60k salary. Benefits include partial payment of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums and 20 days of PTO.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Digital Organizing Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.