Event and Field Manager (Temporary)
Voto Latino is seeking a committed individual to manage our events and field efforts in the state of Texas through Election Day. The Events and Field Manager must be based in South Texas, and must also be willing to travel as needed within Texas, as well as occasionally to Arizona, Nevada and DC. This role will be responsible for the implementation of VL’s South Texas voter registration and GOTV field plan, as well as field events and GOTV campaigns. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Campaigns and Partnerships.
- Creates and leads implementation of VL’s South Texas field plan.
- Manages field fellows and volunteers, including training, supervising, and coaching.
- Develops and implements strategies to expand VL’s base of volunteers, supporters, and activists through recruitment and ongoing engagement, ensuring that VL can successfully mobilize when needed.
- Works with volunteer field organizers and coalition partners to coordinate actions and activities to engage and influence decision-makers and stakeholders on VL campaign objectives.
- Works collaboratively with VL team to engage members and volunteers on legislative and policy work.
- Assists in the creation of public education materials for organizing purposes.
- Works collaboratively with campaigns and partnerships teams in organizing efforts to support GOTV events.
- Collaborates with VL communications team to develop tactics for on the ground messaging campaigns, including to expand the reach of people who know about the organizing work of Voto Latino.
- Serves as the point person for engagement with coalition partners and stakeholders in the state, including attending state table meetings and speaking at public engagements.
- Works with our social media team to both update the team on campaign activity to post on VL’s socials as well as work with field fellows and volunteers to create local social content.
- Ensures successful implementation of advocacy technology tools to increase engagement by organizing staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates field organizing with fundraising operations.
- 3-5 years of organizing, field, events or partnerships experience.
- Experience required building and implementing field programs and working with field volunteers.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience organizing on the Local, State and National level preferred.
- Campaign experience preferred.
The Events and Field Manager must be based in South Texas, and must also be willing to travel as needed within Texas, as well as occasionally to Arizona, Nevada and DC.
Salary & Benefits
This position is temporary and goes through November 11, 2022. Salary is commensurate with experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “TX Events and Field Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.