The Events Manager is responsible for the creative and logistical execution of the organization’s external events. This role will work closely with various vendors, staff, and Voto Latino’s leadership to execute events within and outside of Washington, DC. The Events Manager will report to Vice President of Campaigns & Partnership.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning, coordinating, and implementation of special events
- Develop and maintain event project plans, event timelines and budgets
- Collaborate with leadership and key partners to develop invitation lists and RSVP tracking – providing regular updates to stakeholders
- Draft and route event copy, invitation emails, registration confirmations, reminders, and thank you notes as appropriate
- Prepare branding and event materials
- 4+ years of experience supporting and managing events in an administrative capacity
- Attention to detail and proficiency in program management
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative style; extensive experience working in fast paced environments
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
Salary & Benefits
Between $70,000 and $75,000 annual salary. Voto Latino offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and paid vacation leave. This is a full-time employment position.
To apply email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Please use “Events Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to uplifting new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.