The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overall management of the organization and implementation of policies set by the President and Board of Directors, as well as annual goals and objectives. The ED is responsible for the organization’s internal and external operations including recruitment and management of the staff, supervision of the budget and finances, and execution of policy initiatives and program decisions.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME: EDSearch@votolatino.org
Overall Management and Strategic Direction
- Responsible for administration of overall operation of the organization, including: reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled; allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency; and developing organizational and administrative policies and program objectives for Board consideration;
- Provide information, advice, and counsel to the President in developing the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and implement policies and programs based on the strategic direction set by the President and Board of Directors
- Develop, implement, and accomplish the organization’s annual work plan, as approved by the President and Board of Directors
- Oversee both Voto Latino’s 501(c)(4) efforts as well as Voto Latino Foundation’s 501(c)(3) efforts
- Represent Voto Latino in place of or in addition to the President, with members of Congress, Administration officials, party and committee leaders, partner organizations and other influential stakeholders
- Key liaison with State Table Executive Directors and counterparts at various national and state-level organizations
- Present Voto Latino findings and programming to key stakeholders and mid-level donors
- Supervise team, providing overarching strategic and management support to cross-departmental projects and priorities
- Work with team to conduct and oversee implementation of strategic plan
- Oversee recruitment and management of staff, including development and implementation of short- and long-range plans, policies and other activities
- Working with financial operations team to oversee financial management of the organization, including development and implementation of the annual budget and ensure all contractual obligations are followed
- Develop and oversee national organizational campaigns
- Continue cutting edge electoral work and enfranchisement
- Assure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies; and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles and techniques of political campaigns, budget process, staff administration, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with vendors, political and progressive entities, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies. Have superb grasp of the budgetary process.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for supervision of all assigned staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommendation for hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- EXPERTISE: Deep understanding of voter registration and voter turnout techniques. A nuanced ability to improve programming while collaborating with partner organizations on programming and research. Strong relationships with national elected officials and state level community based organizations and funders.
- MISSION DRIVEN to enfranchise, educate and celebrate the fastest growing segment of Americans.
Representative of Organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
About Voto Latino Foundation and Voto Latino:
Voto Latino Foundation (c3) and Voto Latino (c4) are the leading Latinx voter registration and advocacy organizations in the country. Raising $34 million in the 2020 cycle, the efforts shattered previous voter registration records enfranchising 612,00 new voters, mobilizing 3.7 million low propensity voters and enjoying over 2.4 million supporters.