Office of the President Fellow, Summer 2023
Voto Latino (VL) seeks a motivated individual to join the organization as an Office of the President Fellow. Working closely with the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO, this candidate will support the development of and implementation of a broad range of initiatives in the Office of the President. Projects will include events, research, communications, and office management efforts. The candidate will gain experience and knowledge in strategic planning, crafting memos and briefing materials, communicating with principals, and the political process from the newsroom to Congress.
This fellow will be compensated at $15 per hour for up to 15 hours per week starting June 2023 with a flexible end date. Opportunities to extend will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Hybrid: Remote with the possibility of travel to Washington, DC for events.
- Be a strong self-starter and self-driven individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Experience with grassroots organizing a plus, but not a requirement
- A profound understanding of the Latinx community and issues of social justice
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Research material for the President/CEO’s TV appearances on NBC/MSNBC
- Assist planning efforts for events
- Draft daily news memos for the President/CEO
- Track and research content for social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Organize files, photos and videos
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use “Voto Latino, Office of the President Fellow, Summer 2023” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to uplifting new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.