Operations and Event Fellow – Fall 2021
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a motivated individual for the role of Operations and Events fellow. The candidate will work to support the Associate Director of the Office of the President with day-to-day responsibilities including briefing preparation, scheduling, answering phones. In addition, this role is responsible for supporting the Associate Director of Partnerships with the execution of partner related programming and events for Voto Latino and its sister organization, Voto Latino Foundation.
The position will be remote.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
This fellow will be compensated at $15 per hour for a maximum of 29 hours per week. Opportunities to extend will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Support the Campaigns and Events team and Office of the President
- Assist with day-to-day operations including answering phone calls, following up on emails, and scheduling calls for staff members
- Assist with event outreach, logistics, and administration
- Ability to go in-office weekly in Washington, DC to assist with mail and other operations
- Research and prepare media briefing memos for CEO and Campaigns team
- Support Voto Latino in the execution of its 13th Annual Power Summit
- Lead efforts in attendee recruitment with Voto Latino’s university, non-profit and community partners
- Support the drafting of materials for speakers and moderators
- Contribute to the week-of needs for the virtual event by engaging closely with virtual conference attendees
- Aid aspects of virtual event planning and management, design and development of volunteer teams and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be a strong self-starter and self-driven individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Experience with grassroots organizing a plus, but not a requirement
- A profound understanding of the Latinx community and issues of social justice
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Associate Director of Office of the President and Director of Organizing and Partnerships
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Operations and Events Fellow, Fall 2021” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.