Voto Latino is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower young Latinxs to drive progressive change in their communities and propel them to take action to become architects of the world around them with a particular focus on the hardest-to-reach and yet-to-be-reached voters. Voto Latino is seeking an Operations Assistant who can support the organization in its continued growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is hybrid; remote and 2-3 days office-based in the District of Columbia. This position reports to the Director of Special Projects. The Operations Assistant will provide direct support to the Director of Special Projects, office management, administrative and operations. Manages day to day internal and external operations support, including but not limited to:
Office Management (50%)
- Schedule office-wide internal meetings and management of Google calendar for Voto Latino office functions.
- Provide logistical support for staff quarterly meetings and external visibility activities.
- Manage office maintenance, mailing, shipping, and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Routinely check in-office mail and USPS PO Box
- Coordinates the acquisition and facilitation of office space usage for internal and external meetings.
- Administer office operation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the distribution and tracking of all IT office equipment and solutions to issues.
- Provide general support to visitors.
Administrative Support (45%)
- Assist the Director of Special Projects with data cleanup and CRM management.
- Provide support for pre-meeting briefing materials, schedules meetings, and answers specific questions pertaining to Voto Latino activities.
- Assist the Director of Special Projects in the development and production of Board materials and scheduling for meetings.
- Assist executive assistant with management of schedule and calendar for President.
Additional Duties (5%)
- Complete special reports and projects as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- No staff supervisory responsibilities.
- May supervise progress of project teams and/or fellows.
- Educational background or interest in business administration and or nonprofit management.
- Two to Three years of administrative support preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Asana, Salesforce, and scheduling applications such as Google Calendar.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- High level of personal responsibility, flexibility, and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, aptitude for working with a wide range of individuals, and strong collaborative teamwork skills.
Salary & Benefits
Between $45,00 and $50,000 annual salary. Voto Latino offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and paid vacation leave. This is a full-time employment position.
Email your cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no specified length) to [email protected] Please include “Voto Latino Operations Assistant ” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Until Filled.
About Voto Latino
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to uplifting new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.