Partnerships and Events Associate
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a Partnerships and Events Associate to support day-to-day deliverables for the organization’s strategic partnerships programming. Our ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and written skills and will have a proven track record of executing well planned, impactful community events. This role will be active in the coordination and handling of external communications with VL’s network of corporate, non-profit and celebrity partners. Position will also work closely with VL’s Campaigns and Digital teams to support the execution of programming for Voto Latino and its sister organization, Voto Latino Foundation (VLF).
Remote through September 1st, 2021, with strong preference for the candidate to work in the Washington, DC office proceeding re-opening.
- Assist Associate Director of External Partners and Events in day-to-day operations including the the planning and execution of signature events
- Draft written materials, toolkits and presentations to be used at signature events and in partner discussions
- Help execute follow ups and deliverables with internal VL team members, external vendors and consultants to streamline the success of VL events and programming
- Track, lead and execute follow-ups with corporate, celebrity and non-profit partners with a strong level of professionalism
- Collaborate on programming for VLF’s Impact Council, a cohort of over 260 industry leaders, celebrities and influencers seeking to lend their voice to impact
- Support the organization of both virtual and in-person events across key states in collaboration with coalitions and other progressive organizations
- Research new partner leads to expand VL and VLF’s portfolio of partners
- Keep abreast of Latinx community issues, trending topics and potential programming themes
- Promote and support Voto Latino’s mission to help increase Latinx community empowerment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience in events, campaigns, and/or mobilization ideally for a political campaign or non-profit
- Experience with organizing both virtual and in-person events from conception to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a strong self-starter and highly organized
- Commitment to and awareness of Latinx civil rights and issues in social justice
- Travel may be required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary is $45k, annually. Benefits include partial payment of medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 20 days of PTO.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Partnerships and Events Associate” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.