Partnerships and Events Fellow – Fall 2021
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a motivated individual for the role of Partnerships and Events fellow. The candidate will work closely with the Associate Director of Partnerships to support the execution of events and partner related programming for Voto Latino and its sister organization, Voto Latino Foundation (VLF). This role will devote considerable attention to event coordination for Voto Latino’s 13th Annual Power Summit, which will take place virtually on October 6th and 7th, 2021.
The position will be remote with the ability to conduct work in Eastern Time.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
This fellow will be compensated at $15 per hour for up to 29 hours per week to be completed by December 1, 2021.
- Support Voto Latino in the execution of its 13th Annual Power Summit
- Lead outreach efforts to universities, non-profit organizations and other community groups to crowd build for the Power Summit, successfully registering 150+ participants
- Assist with coordinating the virtual aspects of Power Summit on our virtual conference platform, Run the World
- Collaborate on the creation of speaker briefing memos for panel participants
- Engage with Summit participants week-of to ensure user experiences are positive
- Assist with the preparation of toolkits, materials and presentations to be used at signature events and in partner discussions
- Collaborate on and aid execution of programming for VLF’s Impact Council, a cohort of over 260 industry leaders, celebrities and influencers seeking to lend their voice to impact
- Research new partner leads to expand VL and VLF’s portfolio of partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in managing virtual or in-person community events
- Be a strong self-starter and self-driven individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Experience with grassroots organizing a plus, but not a requirement
- A profound understanding of the Latinx community and issues of social justice
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Associate Director of Partnerships and Senior Director of National Partnerships and Campaigns
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “ Partnerships and Events Fellow, Fall 2021” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.