Policy and Advocacy Manager
Voto Latino is seeking a committed individual to manage our advocacy efforts with Congress and with the Administration to advance our legislative and policy priorities. Issue areas of interest include voting rights, immigration, education, and the environment.
The Policy and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for building and managing relationships with the United States Senate, United States House, and the Administration. One main responsibility of this position is to help determine when and how Voto Latino should engage in policy and legislation. The Policy and Advocacy Manager will report to the VP of Campaigns.
- Build and manage relationships with Congress and the Administration
- Help craft hill engagement strategies
- Identify opportunities of engagement on legislation and policy and collaborate with internal teams on this engagement
- Communicate the organization’s mission and work to relevant government officials
- Track and report on legislative activity and policy initiatives
- Set up briefings and develop communications to government officials on the work of the organization and relevant research of Latinx voters
- Set up meetings with principals and staff and complete necessary follow up
- Run point on any materials needed for hill engagement and committee meeting and hearing participation
- Review talking points and remarks for hill, legislation, and policy related activity
- Collaborate with external groups on advocacy efforts
- Travel as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in congress, government relations, or campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of Congress and the legislative process
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround times
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks with varying and shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
Must be based or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area in the future, remote work currently during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is $60,000-$70,000. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Policy and Advocacy Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.