Voto Latino (VL) is seeking an administrative professional for Staff Assistant. This person will serve as the assistant for the Executive Director and support her in her daily work, including scheduling, tracking information, and other duties as assigned. Candidates should have experience in scheduling and using discretion. The Staff Assistant will report to the Executive Director.
- Manage the Executive Director’s daily calendar, scheduling all meetings and conference calls in coordination with internal staff and external contacts.
- Gather, organize, and track information and projects, which can include comfort with using spreadsheets
- Create and maintain systems for electronic record keeping of documents, such as a folder system, spreadsheet tracker, and linked documents.
- Follow-through on assignments to successful completion under tight deadlines
- Ensure all follow up is completed in a timely and professional manner; this includes following up with staff and external stakeholders as needed
- Perform office related duties, such as checking and distributing mail and ordering office supplies
- Take notes at meetings, synthesize and organize notes, and flag and track action items
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree
- 1 to 2 years’ experience
- Ability to interact professionally with industry leaders and executives
- Exercise discretion with sensitive information
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Completes work in a thorough manner
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Be a strong self-starter who is highly organized
- Creative problem solver
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
Current hybrid of remote and in-person work
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 annually. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Staff Assistant” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.