Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a motivated individual for the role of Digital Organizing Fellow. The candidate will work to support the development and implementation of VL’s digital organizing program to manage the organization’s people-powered base. The position will be remote. The role is responsible for contributing to volunteer management efforts, engaging individuals with VL’s electoral and advocacy campaigns, and providing support to VL’s Campaigns Team.
This fellow will be compensated at $15 per hour for 29 hours per week to be completed by June 1, 2021. Opportunities to extend will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Support the Campaigns team
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, engagement and activation
- Co-lead organizing calls to engage with VL’s volunteer base
- Collaborate on the execution of the digital outreach calendar
- Assist with event outreach, logistics, and administration
- Train volunteers in digital best practices for using digital tools like Hustle, Slack, G-Meets, and Ballotready
- Aid aspects of virtual event planning and management, design and development of volunteer teams and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be a strong self-starter and self-driven individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Experience with grassroots organizing a plus, but not a requirement
- A profound understanding of the Latinx community and issues of social justice
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Campaigns Coordinator and Director of Organizing and Partnerships
Applications will be considered until the position is filled
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use “Campaigns (Digital Organizing) Fellow, Spring 2021” in the subject line.
ABOUT VOTO LATINO
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.