Voto Latino is seeking a seasoned administrative professional to serve as Executive Assistant in the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant will be charged with scheduling, researching, and other duties as assigned for the CEO/President. Candidates should have experience in scheduling and using discretion. The Executive Assistant reports to the President.
- Manage the President’s daily calendar, scheduling all meetings and conference calls in coordination with internal staff and external contacts
- Manage briefing materials and memos for events, speaking engagements, and TV appearances
- Create daily reports for the President & CEO
- Coordinate speaking engagements and plan business trips: making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, and processing and reconciling expenses
- Prioritize conflicting needs by handling matters expeditiously and proactively; follow-through on projects and assignments to successful completion under tight deadlines
- Ensure all follow up from the Office of the President is completed in a timely and professional manner; this includes following up with staff and external stakeholders as needed
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Travel as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-4+ years of experience
- Ability to interact professionally with industry leaders and executives
- Exercise discretion with sensitive information
- Effective verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Be a strong self-starter who is highly organized
- Creative problem solver
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
Must be based or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area in the future, remote work currently during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is $55,000-$65,000 annually. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.