How to Host a Voter Registration Drive
Registering others to vote can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! Follow our step-by-step guide to plan and host a successful voter registration.
- Identify where and when you will be hosting your drive. Will you be registering people at a park, your favorite restaurant, a school or organizing meeting, or at your abuela’s house with all your tías and tíos? Tip: Make sure you request permission in advance for the space!
- Post information about your drive on our events map and on social media using the hashtag #VLVoterReg.
- Prepare. Ensure you and other volunteers have VoterPal downloaded on your phone. VoterPal is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
- Get out and register voters. Open up VoterPal and follow the prompts to start registering voters! The app will scan the individual’s license or other state-approved ID to gather voter information including their birthday and a current address.
- Let us know how your drive went! How many people did you register? What was the response in your community? Be sure to share any pictures, videos, and quotes on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, or Twitter, and tag @VotoLatino!