Strategic Initiatives Manager
The Strategic Initiatives Manager will be responsible for planning and execution of best-in-class events and convenings. This role will work closely with external parties and senior leadership to ensure that the logistics and execution of projects are completed seamlessly with attention to detail and coordination with other teams. The Strategic Initiatives Manager position will report to the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support in overseeing and managing key Voto Latino events
- Create and update calendars and project documentation for events and programs
- Maintain/update lists of sponsors, vendors, attendees and partners for various campaigns and projects
- Track project timelines for Voto Latino events
- Manage speakers for events including but not limited to, hosting pre-event meetings, creating speaker memos, arranging hotel and travel for speakers and guests
- Manage with registration and communications with event attendees
- Assist with venue selection for various events and conducting follow ups various contacts
- Manage Voto Latino Fellows
- Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with coworkers, partners, vendors, sponsors, and external constituents
- Strong logistical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated passion for leadership development and advancing communities of color
- Dependable, motivated, innovative, and able to function in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- High professional and ethical standards when handling confidential information
- Flexible, has strong initiative, and is able to work independently
- Thrives in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- Salesforce experience is preferred
- Travel requirement: Up to 15% time
- Frequently lifts, carries, and moves materials weighing up to 25 pounds across the office for various needs
Salary & Benefits
Between $70,000 and $80,000 annual salary. Voto Latino offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and paid vacation leave. This is a full-time employment position.
To apply email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Please use “Strategic Initiatives Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Voto Latino is a nonpartisan organization that empowers Latino Millennials to claim a better future for themselves and their community. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to uplifting new and diverse voices to develop leaders by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.