Last Updated: January 30, 2020
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you make a donation, request information, register to vote, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive updates, sign a petition, make a purchase, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, t-shirt size, voter registration information, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits to our site. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may obtain information about you when you purchase our products from a merchant, Rock the Vote, your public voter file, and other publicly available sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Help you register to vote;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Request and then obtain signatures for petitions;
- Collect RSVPs for and manage events;
- Provide the information you request, and process and complete your donations, purchases and related transactions;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Services;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services and events Voto Latino and others offer, and provide news and information we think will interest you, such as information about Voto Latino, issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services; see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time;
- Solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for issues and organizations we support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Voto Latino and others;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including data hosting and email management;
- With organizations, groups or causes that have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- In response to a request for information if we believe applicable law, regulation or legal process requires such disclosure;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Voto Latino or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services on other platforms, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables sharing information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings on the social sharing platforms you use. Please visit the privacy policies of the social sharing platforms you use for more information about the purpose and scope of their data collection and processing.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving emails or text messages from Voto Latino by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out of emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Services or any donations or transactions.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
P.O. Box 35608
Washington DC, 20033
Phone: (202) 386-6374
Email: [email protected].