Graphic Designer (Content Creator) – Remote
Are you passionate about the intersection of Latinidad, social justice, and youth culture? Do you have experience working with Illustrator and Photoshop? Do you love experimenting with different art styles and thinking outside the box? Are you able to respond to trends and breaking news stories with beautiful graphics in a timely fashion? Can you talk to the community with your art? Then we’re interested in you for the role of Graphic Designer, with a special focus on social media.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to create visual content for VL’s social media channels
- Have a strong sense of social media trends (Twitter, IG, and TikTok)
- Have a strong familiarity with Latino culture/issues
- Have familiarity with politics and social justice
- Have familiarity with Latino art styles
- Be willing to experiment and think outside the box
- Be able to break down complicated policy and news into beautiful, digestible graphics
- Be able to come up with digital assets for VL campaigns in a timely manner
- Keep things fun and engaging
- Travel as needed, post-covid, typically once per quarter or more
- Be able to work as a team with other content creators
- Be able to work with other VL departments
- 1-3 years experience producing digital a content
- MUST have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience. Video experience is a plus but not required
- Must be able to show a strong digital art portfolio
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to integrate messaging across communications platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary is 50-65k annually. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Work is largely remote with occasional in-person needs. Coworking office space available but not required. Voto Latino is based in Washington, D.C. Preference for those based in or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use “Social Media Content Creator” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.