Social Media Content Producer (Content Creator)
Are you passionate about the intersection of Latinidad, social justice, and youth culture? Are you quick on your feet and can come up with witty tweets and IG posts in a timely manner? Are you interested in cultivating a young Latino following with skew toward civic engagement? Are you willing to experiment with different types of content and take bold risks? If so, we’re interested in you for the role of social media producer, where you focus on the day to day posting across Voto Latino’s social media channels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to create daily written and visual content for VL’s social media channels
- Have a strong sense and be up to date with social media trends (on FB, Twitter, IG, and TikTok)
- Be able to create Tweets, IG posts, and other social media content on the fly
- Have basic iphone camera shooting and editing skills
- Be comfortable on-camera
- Have a strong familiarity with Latino culture/issues
- Have familiarity with politics and social justice
- Be willing to experiment and think outside the box
- Be able to break down complicated policy and news into digestible content
- Be able to analyze social data and metrics
- Help build follower counts across all social platforms
- Keep things fun and engaging
- Travel as needed, post-covid, typically once per quarter or more
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be willing to create content on the fly for special events
- Be able to work as a team with other content creators
- Be willing to learn
- 1-2 years experience producing social media content
- SOME Adobe Photoshop and Premiere experience. Illustrator and After Effects preferred, but not required
- Must show previous social media experience (TikToks, IG posts, self-made memes and content are all welcomed)
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Excellent research and fact checking skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to integrate messaging across communications platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary is 50-60k annually, depending on experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Work is largely remote with occasional in-person needs. Coworking office space available but not required. Voto Latino is based in Washington, D.C. Preference for those based in or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Social Media Content Creator” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.